Sunday, October 25, 2015

Top 6 Beauty Hacks

Hello everyone! Today I wanted to tell you all about my top 6 beauty hacks that make doing your makeup an absolute breeze, even for the newest makeup doer.

1. Put white eyeliner in your lower waterline to open up your eyes!

This sounded so weird to me when I first tried it because I was SO used to doing my waterline eyeliner in black so I was like uhhhhh white? What? When you put black eyeliner in your lower waterline it can close up your eyes and make them look smaller, especially if you put it all the way from outer corner to inner corner. When you use a white eyeliner it helps make your eyes look more awake and open.


2. Put your mascara in hot water to make it apply easier.

I didn't really think this was going to make much difference in how my mascara applied but I was presently surprised! If you like your house to be chilly like I do everything in your house suffers the cold! So when I'm getting ready in the morning the first thing I do is put my mascara in a cup of hot water to help warm it up and loosen up the product inside the tube. Sometimes I run water through my Keurig to get hot water but most of the time I just let the sink run hot for a few minutes and use that, either way works. 

3. Use primer to make colors more vibrant.

I used to not use primer at all because I didn't know anything about using primer. Let me tell you, since I've started I've noticed a complete difference in the color payoff of my eye shadows and how long they last. I can't stand when my eyeshadow creases during the day and I haven't had that problem since I've started using primer. Bye bye patchy eyeshadow!



4. Use tape to get a crisp line.

Whether you are going for a winged eyeliner look or you just want to have a clean line for your eyeshadow tape is a miracle worker! I don't have a steady hand for winged eyeliner so I've always used the tape trick for that! I place it from the outside corner of my eye and angle it up toward the outside of my eyebrow. Once you have your eyeliner on and/or eye shadow remove the tape and the messy job you did is now nice and crisp! Look at that line!


5. Apply white eyeliner all over your lid to make colors appear brighter.

This, I've found, works the best when you are trying to use bright colors that you want to pop. Using a white eyeliner as a base makes the bright colors show up the best because the color is on top of a white base rather than a skin color base which can take away from the actual color.

6. Use moisturizer regardless of what skin type you have.

I seriously can't stress this enough! I've always had pretty oily skin and couldn't combat it. I'd always have people tell me to use my cleanser then moisturizer and I was like are you kidding me!? I have oily skin why would I apply more moisture to my face?? Well I should have listened a LONG time ago! Since I've started regularly moisturizing my face my oil production throughout the day has improved. When you don't moisturize your skin your face makes up for being dry by producing oil. If you make sure to moisturize your skin doesn't feel like it needs to produce as much oil because it's not making up for lack of moisture and TA-DA your oily skin improves!



Not all tips are going to work the exact same for all people. These are my experiences and suggestions to get the most out of your makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment